We know when animals are not feeling well
Though of how they feel to us they cannot tell
And people do grieve when their pets do die
The story of a four legged friend is not based on a lie.
The young girl for her dead Jack russell Terrier in tears
He died of a heart ailment he was only five years
When she thinks of her Freddy tears flow down her face
No dog in her heart will ever take his place.
Since at the loss of a non human friend people for many months grieve
That pets are just pets one ought not to believe
The bonds between humans and their pets are strong
Those who tell you otherwise have got it wrong.
Their animals, birds, fish and reptiles to most people precious indeed
And the death of a pet friend to tears often does lead
And the mental pictures of a dead pet for decades their owners retain
And the memories of a non human deceased friend with them does remain.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deceased Pets by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI