The structures of our development
stand like pillars in the sand
waiting for some strong winds
to blow them over into dust.
Words of some stronger force
are sown like seeds across the land
to be trampled on
with every step we take.
Shafts of lightning are thrown
to lighten up the way
as we move ever onward
to where our destiny prevails
and our truths will be known.
20 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deep Thoughts by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mutually, unwillingly lets go to bed, binod bastola
- The Sacrifice, Richard Flappa
- The Art Of Living ll, Morgan Michaels
- Eid Mubarak!, gajanan mishra
- life within, binod bastola
- Taking Her Down South, Richard Flappa
- 'My Sis...', M.p kumawat
- The Art Of Living, Morgan Michaels
- Happy-happy Eid to You All, Aftab Alam
- Ignorance, Alex Adeoye