Humanity is lost in the inhuman
Sympathy and love are now heart's aliens
Only cruelty and brutality are time's voice
Innocence in a muezzin of sorrow
Ferocious beasts in guise of men
Roaming everywhere as in jungle
Innocence shrinks to deadly prowls
Nobody knows who darkly lurks behind
When flowers will see their own blood
This is our civilized society?
The goddess bared in a pool of infamy
Will we be still silent spectators?
Where have all the voices gone?
Wake up, my dear friends, wake up
Before it is too late.
Bireswar Halder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Degradation by Bireswar Halder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Before you've brush your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf