Abruptly the sea debates with waves of delight,
What conquers ablution of this abysmal tree of water?
My abbey is the very original glee I partake,
Many gods have faces that linger and mingle in the sea.
This sea hastens fallaciously, worming cliffs and rocks,
The fallible ocean considers its feed, after too much light.
The sun has stars in front, but the sea escapes the dark
Of the darkness that is wet, falsity is our falcon of life.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delightful Sea by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson
- The NZ Internet Party and the Kim Jumbli.., Keith Johnson