Charlie F. Kane
Delilah, why did you go and cut my hair?
I told you I loved you and you cut my hair,
And now I just watch and stare
As my kingdom falls down around me,
All because you cut my hair.
I was weak, I told you I loved you,
You said you needed proof,
So I went and told you the truth
Of my Achilles’ heel,
And you took your scissors out
And turned my life into ruins.
Delilah, why did you lie to me?
I thought, for a moment,
That I might be in love,
Then you went and cut my hair
And all I can do is cry and weep
As my friends fight around me.
Delilah, why did you cut my hair?
Couldn’t you break my heart instead?
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delilah by Charlie F. Kane )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Spaniels, Diane Hine
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak