Charlie F. Kane
Delilah, why did you go and cut my hair?
I told you I loved you and you cut my hair,
And now I just watch and stare
As my kingdom falls down around me,
All because you cut my hair.
I was weak, I told you I loved you,
You said you needed proof,
So I went and told you the truth
Of my Achilles’ heel,
And you took your scissors out
And turned my life into ruins.
Delilah, why did you lie to me?
I thought, for a moment,
That I might be in love,
Then you went and cut my hair
And all I can do is cry and weep
As my friends fight around me.
Delilah, why did you cut my hair?
Couldn’t you break my heart instead?
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Delilah by Charlie F. Kane )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- एक इंसा की खोज में, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदाया मै तेरा हो ना सका, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- स्त्री भृण हत्या, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- DHARTI KI AUTI PARI, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Rory Richards in His Pew, Francie Lynch
- आँखपन दे मुझको, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पित, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- On the run, Leong Ming Loong
- अभी और यहीं, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey