No, no, there are no blind men.
There are men and women.
And not six, but billions of them.
No, no they are not insane.
They can see and smell.
And they can hear and feel.
And, yes they can think.
But, are they required to be blind,
To have a difference of opinion?
But yes, there is an elephant,
Mighty and dark.
And there is chaos and confusion,
And perpetual difference of opinion..
So, for the lack of attention,
The elephant runs amok,
Helter-skelter and tramples people.
But in all this rampage,
There are few goons,
Who, put a facede of being always in control.
They call themselves politicians.
You ask, '' why the parody of an age old story.'
So, I impishly reply, ''This is a euphemism,
For the democracy in our country.''
maitreyee joshi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Democracy by maitreyee joshi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- parental guidance unfin, lee fones
- Missing of the Birds, Michael Lee Johnson
- Schizophrenia Night, Michael Lee Johnson
- late night vision, Gulsher john
- Rod-Strokes Survival, With a Deadly Hamm.., Michael Lee Johnson
- Kissing The Egg Shells of Dead Babies, A.j. Binash
- Shiv and Shakti, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Is War, Justin Molebatsi
- Shut Up You Drug Addict (Clean Version), Paula Glynn
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -50, Ronjoy Brahma