Neil witnessed quietly,
Thirty years of tears,
Rolled on the cheeks of slimming egyptian,
Mobarak's silos were balooned fearlessly,
....Tahreer square gathered those tears.
And meditated eighteen days......
Neil overflowed and washed,
The dirty palace of cairo......
Sky touched the ground, below the horizon..
Fattening mobarak bursted so mean....
I salute thy victory,
Victory for democracy,
O egyptian, O bravo.
Peace be upon you...
You have done what you supposed to do..
Once again egypt is young,
Neil is messaging to all,
All to breathe humanity....
aftab alam 'khursheed'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Demoegypt by Aftab Alam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The way, Sergio Jaime
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.