Ow! I’m in fucking agony;
Why must my own body, do this to me?
Hurting like a burn, to the third degree;
Please take this pain, away from me.
I have to go and see the dentist,
But I do fear him so.
He’s going to cure my agony,
The only way I know.
By jabbing a sharp needle, into my gums;
He says the anesthetic, will send them numb.
But we both know he lies,
For I can see the shock of my pain in his eyes.
The anesthetic wore away too soon,
He had so much work to do.
I can’t stand this pain without relief,
But now he’s going to take my tooth.
I tell him stop, the pain is too much,
But he can’t hear me for there’s a drill in my mouth.
So I pass out and he calls a doctor,
Another so-called, pain reliever.
He wakes me up, after giving me drugs,
To remedy, the dentists work.
He calls another dentist, to finish the job,
But they’re all sadists, please make them stop.
My teeth are so bad, because my fear scares me so much,
That these so called experts, I no longer trust.
But this work needs doing, I have no choice,
So I’ll just sit back and he starts the drill.
Please let me die, I begin to cry,
I’m in agony, I cannot deny.
This painful antidote, is a modern day joke;
A dark age torture that has never evolved.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dentists chair by AaI Harvey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I speak loud, hasmukh amathalal
- Friendship, Abekah Emmanuel
- If I fail,, hasmukh amathalal
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA