Ow! I’m in fucking agony;
Why must my own body, do this to me?
Hurting like a burn, to the third degree;
Please take this pain, away from me.
I have to go and see the dentist,
But I do fear him so.
He’s going to cure my agony,
The only way I know.
By jabbing a sharp needle, into my gums;
He says the anesthetic, will send them numb.
But we both know he lies,
For I can see the shock of my pain in his eyes.
The anesthetic wore away too soon,
He had so much work to do.
I can’t stand this pain without relief,
But now he’s going to take my tooth.
I tell him stop, the pain is too much,
But he can’t hear me for there’s a drill in my mouth.
So I pass out and he calls a doctor,
Another so-called, pain reliever.
He wakes me up, after giving me drugs,
To remedy, the dentists work.
He calls another dentist, to finish the job,
But they’re all sadists, please make them stop.
My teeth are so bad, because my fear scares me so much,
That these so called experts, I no longer trust.
But this work needs doing, I have no choice,
So I’ll just sit back and he starts the drill.
Please let me die, I begin to cry,
I’m in agony, I cannot deny.
This painful antidote, is a modern day joke;
A dark age torture that has never evolved.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dentists chair by AaI Harvey )
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- An Agreement To End Stupidity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- On the other side of known reality, Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)