We are going to old age,
we are now morose,
The sky is always solemn here,
every hour happiness goes.
If anyone offers me
to go back to my past,
I'll jump and hold my hand up
to be the passenger first.
The yellow ray of the sun
will ignite fire in me.
Enough I have seen
of my grown up days,
no more of it I want to see.
Lo! the elders of my neighborhood,
are peeing with smiling face.
We all will go for a hiking,
and enjoy making mess.
My grandpa will advise us
to stay calm without shout.
Roaming around the flowing
brook we'll try to catch trout.
No worries, no care of adulthood
then can catch our weary soul.
Oh! let's be back to our childhood,
and it's my desired goal.
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Desired Goal by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery