I’m only a man
What do you expect me to do?
I’ll do what I can
To get my life through
But please also understand
That I’ll crash along the way
Please reach out your helping hand
Instead of retrieving it away
How much more do you want?
Will it ever be enough?
I’ll no longer contain these teases and taunts
For our relationship is getting rough
Coz’ I’ve worked too hard for too long
But is this my ultimate fate?
What have I ever done wrong
That ignites so much hate?
Answer me in time to come
Only when your mind is clear
Currently your conscience is numb
Recklessness from you, I fear
I’ve always regarded you as a friend
But did you ever care?
Now the light is gone; darkness meets no end
As you abandon me in the pit of despair
Anders Lim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Despair by Anders Lim )
- Without a Knife You Can Kill, Toshie Nohara
- Always under a shadow, SALINI NAIR
- My Savior, Bree Balzly
- Fight for Closure, Bree Balzly
- Pictures Of Interior Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Period Of Grace And Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Becoming Pictures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blessed September, Shqipe Prence
- Reasonable truth, Kiran Prasad
- Lost Soul In The Hidden Wild, Electric Lady
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)