Who is he?
A railroad track toward hell?
Breaking like a stick of furniture?
The hope that suddenly overflows the cesspool?
The love that goes down the drain like spit?
The love that said forever, forever
and then runs you over like a truck?
Are you a prayer that floats into a radio advertisement?
I don't like you very well.
You don't suit my clothes or my cigarettes.
Why do you locate here
as large as a tank,
aiming at one half of a lifetime?
Couldn't you just go float into a tree
instead of locating here at my roots,
forcing me out of the life I've led
when it's been my belly so long?
I'll take you along on the trip
where for so many years
my arms have been speechless
Anne Sexton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Despair by Anne Sexton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- IMITATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Pugad ng pag ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- EXPECTATIONS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- My friend, joe foster
- SELF VS SELFISH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- WISEASS VS. WISEGUY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUCCESS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Condemn me, hasmukh amathalal
- GETTING EVEN 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Ebola Suspicion, douglas scotney