Christian Eliab Ratnam
My heart upon weak shoulders I carry,
My soul evaporates by the hour.
I observe the times, cold and dreary,
Every second saps natural power.
Silence both kills and revives me,
The air my breath takes away.
Everything seems distant and foggy,
Despair inches closer by the day.
Each night brings much promise of happiness,
I scarce can close my eyes.
Morning brings forth restlessness,
Misery comes alive.
I cannot put my finger to,
What disappoints me so.
For life is but a fleeting thing,
Suspense it takes in tow.
I look for what I cannot find,
I find what I hate,
Tricks of the meanest kind,
My heart burns and aches.
Copyright © Christian Eliab Ratnam 2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Christian Eliab Ratnam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Despair by Christian Eliab Ratnam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sunlight Playing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Medina (Urdu poem with translation), Akhtar Jawad
- An Emptiness Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Autumnal Equinox, Weymouth Bay, Captain Cur
- <<<<<Hope, Abdul Wahab
- Devil Inside, Shane Labreche
- Fragmented Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- and i remember everything, Manonton Dalan
- Broken and Mended, Aaron Welch
- What is possible and, gajanan mishra