Another dawn is here to face
And face it I will do.
I’ll give not one thought in my mind
to how I feel about you.
I shall paint my nails the color red
And when that chore is done,
I’ll paint my toenails the color blue
and make believe I’m having fun.
And who’s to say what fun can be
and what can bring a smile?
It’s not the one whose heart is brittle
and cold as bathroom tile.
I’ve given up on that one man
That used to bring me laughter.
So go and find another fool.
Go find what you are after.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Determined by Edwina Reizer )
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)