Another dawn is here to face
And face it I will do.
I’ll give not one thought in my mind
to how I feel about you.
I shall paint my nails the color red
And when that chore is done,
I’ll paint my toenails the color blue
and make believe I’m having fun.
And who’s to say what fun can be
and what can bring a smile?
It’s not the one whose heart is brittle
and cold as bathroom tile.
I’ve given up on that one man
That used to bring me laughter.
So go and find another fool.
Go find what you are after.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Determined by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Baby, you are poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Thanking My Mother for Piano Lessons, Diane Wakoski
- Risa, Matthew Hunt
- Inside Out, Diane Wakoski
- Blue Monday, Diane Wakoski
- Belly Dancer, Diane Wakoski
- nigeria freedom, ademola oluwabusayo
- I Am A Frog, Lilly Emery
- ray of sunshine, ademola oluwabusayo
- what kills you; helps me live, Rodney R. Cooper