To devour is taking over,
the passion part of me,
I thought I lost it long ago,
now visions are all I see.
I simply crave to take a drink,
while kneeling on my knees,
For once my quench will be cured,
and I willingly ask 'please'
wetting my mouth, drenching my face,
I feel I am complete,
Swallowing every drop slowly,
keeping a steady pace.
I'm now filled with my lovers gold,
the strength it gives, is power.
After doing this again,
I want to do it every hour.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devour by Lilyann Monahan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal
- SeeAn (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Jenny Cho (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Making It, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Lisa Kelley (Name Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Hello Spring, Ronald Chapman
- An empty sea, Piyush Dey