Devoured by your imagination
Left in your room all alone
A lone soul...
whose only company is the dark casting shaddows
They exsist in your mind
but your eyes see them still
You lay in you bed completely silent
You listen intently
you hear a tap... tap... tap
you hands are tensed as they sit in your lap
You are laying in bed, you hear a creeaaak
you look around the room in the corner of your eye...
And...BAM! it gets you..
But what was it that caused your ruin?
Only the one who lies awake in bed would know...
because darkness makes one's imagination grow.
The thing that devoured the man that night
was only his own shear fright.
His fright sneaked up to his door
and started tap..tap..tapping on his floor
It then opened the door with a long creeaaak
as it went over to the man whose bravery was weak
So it's very simple you see
don't let your imagination eat you...
as it does me
Summer Song's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devoured by your imagination by Summer Song )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak