Devoured by your imagination
Left in your room all alone
A lone soul...
whose only company is the dark casting shaddows
They exsist in your mind
but your eyes see them still
You lay in you bed completely silent
You listen intently
you hear a tap... tap... tap
you hands are tensed as they sit in your lap
You are laying in bed, you hear a creeaaak
you look around the room in the corner of your eye...
And...BAM! it gets you..
But what was it that caused your ruin?
Only the one who lies awake in bed would know...
because darkness makes one's imagination grow.
The thing that devoured the man that night
was only his own shear fright.
His fright sneaked up to his door
and started tap..tap..tapping on his floor
It then opened the door with a long creeaaak
as it went over to the man whose bravery was weak
So it's very simple you see
don't let your imagination eat you...
as it does me
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devoured by your imagination by Summer Song )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki