I thought about your smile today while waking down the Street.
Memories came flooding in like rain.
The way you looked at me when we'd fall back In love again.
Of course we've had our ups and downs however nonetheless;
your still the one I'd come running to instead of all the rest.
Cause your love beats out the others.
Even in your hate I feel your love.
The darkness that shrouds you is beaten by the light of our love and of my heart.
So smirk at me again as I succumb to my weakness,
it's that simple little thing that gets me every time.
Our differences are what make us great;
and the sacrifices made to keep it together is what stands true.
Though you never want to say it,
you know I'm in love with you.
Corey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Difference by Corey Jones )
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
- Nightmares and Daydreams, Shane V. Hill
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Right Question, David Barz
- Confusing, george albot
- Bluegray, Saiom Shriver
- My Still Daughter, LoKis White
- By Another Icarus, Robert Rorabeck
- Lilies Of Lanka, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)