I thought about your smile today while waking down the Street.
Memories came flooding in like rain.
The way you looked at me when we'd fall back In love again.
Of course we've had our ups and downs however nonetheless;
your still the one I'd come running to instead of all the rest.
Cause your love beats out the others.
Even in your hate I feel your love.
The darkness that shrouds you is beaten by the light of our love and of my heart.
So smirk at me again as I succumb to my weakness,
it's that simple little thing that gets me every time.
Our differences are what make us great;
and the sacrifices made to keep it together is what stands true.
Though you never want to say it,
you know I'm in love with you.
Corey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Difference by Corey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas