Different voices and sounds anytime and anywhere
That pretty sea that lies behind
That pretty rock of suicide
Has that pretty sound of roaring...
The pretty sea's waves come ashore
With that great and huge sound as if
They welcome us or they say something...
The pretty voices of those pretty swimmers
Who are running on these hot and golden sands... Some passing clouds cross fast into
That neighboring villages,
Cars and bikes are parked
Beside the seashore...
Pretty waves hit strongly
The pretty sides of that rock of suicide...
Kids run along the coastline yelling loudly
While playing football...
It's too hot on the seashore, so
There appear some mirages...
People swim, dive, and play inside
The pretty sea's big bellies
With a lot of different voices and sounds
Are heard here and there...
It's sunny outside, so
All ice-cream vendors are anywhere and everywhere... All restaurants are busy and overcrowded
With a lot of tourists and with a lot of local swimmers,
A lot of ships, a lot of oil tankers,
A lot of canoes, and a lot of fishing boats
Are seen anywhere and everywhere...
It's still Summertime although
The pretty September has just entered... People want to enjoy spending the last remaining days Of that Summer happily...
MOHAMMAD SKATI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Different voices and sounds anytime and anywhere by MOHAMMAD SKATI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan