Different voices and sounds anytime and anywhere
That pretty sea that lies behind
That pretty rock of suicide
Has that pretty sound of roaring...
The pretty sea's waves come ashore
With that great and huge sound as if
They welcome us or they say something...
The pretty voices of those pretty swimmers
Who are running on these hot and golden sands... Some passing clouds cross fast into
That neighboring villages,
Cars and bikes are parked
Beside the seashore...
Pretty waves hit strongly
The pretty sides of that rock of suicide...
Kids run along the coastline yelling loudly
While playing football...
It's too hot on the seashore, so
There appear some mirages...
People swim, dive, and play inside
The pretty sea's big bellies
With a lot of different voices and sounds
Are heard here and there...
It's sunny outside, so
All ice-cream vendors are anywhere and everywhere... All restaurants are busy and overcrowded
With a lot of tourists and with a lot of local swimmers,
A lot of ships, a lot of oil tankers,
A lot of canoes, and a lot of fishing boats
Are seen anywhere and everywhere...
It's still Summertime although
The pretty September has just entered... People want to enjoy spending the last remaining days Of that Summer happily...
MOHAMMAD SKATI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Different voices and sounds anytime and anywhere by MOHAMMAD SKATI )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle