Nat Z. Punx
i'm a thief
but how can you find a more perfect diamond
'been leanin' toward the shadows all along'
had earle chain him to a tree
to keep him from drinkin'
i'd stand on bob dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots
and tell the world
townes is the best songwriter ever
he would carry his guitar case
just to be in his presense
'it's a shame that it is a shame'
but it is a glorious feeling
to be a conduit
of angels and ghosts
in this world
everything has a price
and every one of us
can reap from his toll
the beauty of simplicity
the van gogh of folk singers
'but that ol' white freightliner
keeps stealin' away my mind'
Nat Z. Punx's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (dilettante dirtbag- by Nat Z. Punx )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher
- On Not Needing People, Kyle Schlicher
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...