William Taylor Collins
Dirge In Cymbeline
SUNG BY GUIDERUS AND ARVIGARUS OVER FIDELE, SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD.
TO fair Fidele's grassy tomb
Soft maids and village hinds shall bring
Each opening sweet of earliest bloom,
And rifle all the breathing spring.
No wailing ghost shall dare appear
To vex with shrieks this quiet grove;
But shepherd lads assemble here,
And melting virgins own their love.
No wither'd witch shall here be seen;
No goblins lead their nightly crew;
The female fays shall haunt the green,
And dress thy grave with pearly dew!
The redbreast oft, at evening hours,
Shall kindly lend his little aid,
With hoary moss, and gather'd flowers,
To deck the ground where thou art laid.
When howling winds, and beating rain,
In tempests shake thy sylvan cell;
Or 'midst the chase, on every plain,
The tender thought on thee shall dwell;
Each lonely scene shall thee restore;
For thee the tear be duly shed;
Belov'd till life can charm no more,
And mourn'd till Pity's self be dead.
William Taylor Collins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dirge In Cymbeline by William Taylor Collins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- He Takes To Not Wine, But Wine Keeps Him.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Cigarette Smoker's World, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Solace, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- The Battles I Win, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Life is No Playground, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Down The Peace Road (Kyrielle), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- With Poetry And My Sewing (Kyrielle Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- my friend my foundation, Emmanuel chibuike
- A Woman, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'm Glad That Miracle is You (Kyrielle P.., Cynthia BuhainBaello