David Herbert Lawrence
Many years have I still to burn, detained
Like a candle flame on this body; but I enshine
A darkness within me, a presence which sleeps contained
In my flame of living, her soul enfolded in mine.
And through these years, while I burn on the fuel of life,
What matter the stuff I lick up in my living flame,
Seeing I keep in the fire-core, inviolate,
A night where she dreams my dreams for me, ever the same.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dissolute by David Herbert Lawrence )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Another Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Interior Places, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carefree Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Some fish I'd like to mention, Richard Lee
- Quiet Loving Reason, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- dim witch, lee fones
- Starlight And Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- दिनैनि अलखद समाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- GLADYS, MARCUS NDLOVU
- Impetuous Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak