That tender touch,
How could it be so full of questions?
The kiss, our first ever,
why do I fear its memory
You were like dew drops,
on the morning grass,
there, but only for a short time,
and then gone,
Ive lost so much because of you,
My mothers trust,
My friends friendship,
My ability to open up to people,
Why cant I be angry?
When will it stop?
The late-night tears?
The day-time depression,
the constant heartache,
How can anyone say that
its better to have loved and lost,
then never to have loved at all?
If you've never loved,
then your heart is still strong,
but im lost,
i feel so vulnerable,
like anyone could just burst in,
And hurt me,
would you be there to protect?
Or have you already
Savannah Allison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distant Love by Savannah Allison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas
- Tetracty Dry Grass, Heather Burns
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns
- Angel With Ferns In A Far Landscape, mary douglas
- Theres A Place, Heather Burns
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns