There come some moments in our mundane lives,
Laden with whims and emotions of the wrong kinds,
When everything seems distraught and disarrayed,
Everything gets murky, and we feel so dismayed.
Our possessions lie scattered at sixes and sevens,
Our thoughts belie our minds and fleet in heavens,
From the tongue's edge, words are lost before spoken,
Thoughts disappear, as the words are not found again.
Memories play hide and seek, before we manage to speak.
Losing things routinely becomes a matter of habit.
We look for our spectacles, when they sit right on our ears,
Pickpockets gleefully prey on us, amid concealed cheers!
Even the best of the known people look somewhat queer,
Like strangers that we had never seen, never met anywhere.
Even the jovial friends look emotionless, as if like a ghost,
As we embrace them, we feel as though we hug a light post.
There come moments in life, when nothing seems right,
Yet we carry on, with sincere efforts, without sitting tight.
Life goes on with some hiccups here and there,
Mother nature gives us the confidence, with lot of care.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Distraught by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA
- try sipping this, RIC S. BASTASA
- the reason why i am still a part of you, RIC S. BASTASA