There come some moments in our mundane lives,
Laden with whims and emotions of the wrong kinds,
When everything seems distraught and disarrayed,
Everything gets murky, and we feel so dismayed.
Our possessions lie scattered at sixes and sevens,
Our thoughts belie our minds and fleet in heavens,
From the tongue's edge, words are lost before spoken,
Thoughts disappear, as the words are not found again.
Memories play hide and seek, before we manage to speak.
Losing things routinely becomes a matter of habit.
We look for our spectacles, when they sit right on our ears,
Pickpockets gleefully prey on us, amid concealed cheers!
Even the best of the known people look somewhat queer,
Like strangers that we had never seen, never met anywhere.
Even the jovial friends look emotionless, as if like a ghost,
As we embrace them, we feel as though we hug a light post.
There come moments in life, when nothing seems right,
Yet we carry on, with sincere efforts, without sitting tight.
Life goes on with some hiccups here and there,
Mother nature gives us the confidence, with lot of care.
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Distraught by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- The Swing, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The old water tower., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Comforted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Taken you back in time., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Joe, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Lifting Blinders, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Then I Had None, Harold R Hunt Sr
- America, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Darkened Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Contemplation-6, another key...., Marshall Gass
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)