Please do not speak to me of God's love,
And divine guidance from your friend above,
Until you've walked in the young men's shoes,
Whose lives were taken on the ten o'clock news,
Almost every single waking day,
Throughout my life it has been this way,
With conflict raging all around,
And after millennia we have still not found,
A way to stop the destruction and killing,
Because those who cause it are simply not willing,
To change, to think, to try to be,
Decent people who can really see,
That there is only one chance at life,
And that they hold the power to stop the strife,
So that many more people would make it through,
To the modern average of four score and two!
So when will we see amongst all this madness,
God the invisible stop this sadness,
And make an appearance to end all the wars,
And famines, and droughts, and then to cause,
The world to be a godly place,
A heaven for life, for every race?
The answer to my question then?
You'll hear it nightly on News at Ten!
Tom Higgins 06/08/2012
Tom Higgins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divine Non-Intervention! by Tom Higgins )
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns
- Love Never Truly Ends, Lilly Emery
- Oh Mediterranean Sea, Lilly Emery
- Calculating The Odds, Kyle Schlicher
- Wind Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- Vietnam Sunset, Kyle Schlicher
- Standing On The Edge, Lilly Emery
- Underneath The Rock, Kyle Schlicher
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry