Diwali in a Cancer Ward
No candles were lit,
nor the bursting out
of firecrackers heard;
only enduring silences packed
the dark womb of corridors.
My father waited helplessly
for the biopsy report,
yet to arrive from Mumbai,
as an innocent victim
craves for the verdict
of the apex court.
Future is trapped
in the belly of uncertainty;
life goes on
the way a rafter moves through
crosscurrents of the waters.
Manu Dash's Other Poems
Topic(s): love lost
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diwali in a Cancer Ward by Manu Dash )
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman