Do Not Disturb
So many people come to my door
Telling me how I should live;
Vote this way...go to that church...
Free advice - they've so much to give!
Delusional fools - let me lift the veil,
Let the light rush through the door
Of the prison your ideals have placed you in....
You..... and so many more!
Well, I've been to the tower, shackled to lies,
Anointed with the oil of deceit;
And Truth was there with me all the while,
Curled in a ball at my feet
It cried 'Unfold me, pick me up, hold me,
I'm the key to freeing your mind; '
I heeded the voice, then ran from my cell,
Deceit and lies staying behind
Then I saw life as it really is.....
Random happiness and random grief;
We give and we take, we make mistakes,
And in love we find relief
The time has come to quit wondering,
I don't ask why anymore;
For those ideologues peddling their folly,
I've hung 'Do Not Disturb' on my door!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Disturb by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney
- A Conservative Guardian Can Only Do Hono.., Bijay Kant Dubey