Do You Find
Do you find living just a battle
Have you struggled with inner strife?
And the only thing that keeps you going
Is the lust that you do feel for life.
Do you leave your bed in the morning
Quite sleepy and burdened by care
And feeling the World is against you?
With you many such feelings share.
Yes life's not all sunshine and glitter
You are having a miserable day
The weight of the World on your shoulders
That's life as some are known to say.
The whole World 'twould seem is against you
In life you feel you cannot win
'Tis not the first time you've felt this way
But to depression you refuse to cave in.
Your friends you do not wish for to meet
Of your lack of success you're aware
With depression you have to contend with
As you battle your black dogs of despair.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do You Find by Francis Duggan )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
- Michael P. McParland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Out Of The Dark, Michael P. McParland
- The war inside me, Lubinda Lubinda
- Our Night 2, Michael P. McParland
- Our Night, Michael P. McParland
- OSU Force, Michael P. McParland
- Imagine, The Astronomer
- Only You, Michael P. McParland
- Only One Forever, Michael P. McParland
- One More Chance, Michael P. McParland
- One In A Million, Michael P. McParland