Do You Know?
Do you know the stories I hear?
One is beaten and the other dies there.
Do you know the things I fear?
A list of shameful claims people prefer not to name.
Do you know the difficult marriage I face?
Understand that I can't stay in the same place
Do you know the laugh I fake?
Due to the painful jokes you don't mean to make.
Do you see through me like I see through you?
Because your pitiful words of encouragement
Leaves my body in malnourishment
Do you know I know who you are?
A person no different than I've met at my job or at a bar
Do you know you're a homophobe?
Someone who leaves me clinging with little hope
Someone who smiles as they see me mope
Karoliena Somura's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do You Know? by Karoliena Somura )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI