ole kuyioni josphat
do you still call me brother? ?
Brother, so you call me
when your hands are red with blood
whiskers resembles those of vampires, ,
in the dark silent of the night
portraying me like a devil on the cross
am i still your brother?
when without without change in temperature and without any love lost
you ran away from me
..telling your fellow conspirators how i am bad
or is it a better deal you have found
and brother you still call me
when you have led me to believe
that the exposure of your ugly fangs
is a smile, , to be with me
when you have wanted to swallow me alive
is my success you cant stand?
or is it a question for the Lord
why it has not been you
when my star is shining?
..and you still call me call me brother
perfect i know i am not
and nobody is perfect didn't they say that?
i have my human flaws
but should the whole be informed?
courtesy of your generosity
in information about me
and you still part my shoulder
..brother you call me
when my nudity you have exposed?
my GOD is not a human being
to be influenced by the conspiracies theories about me
my blessings shall continue to roar
from all directions of the wind
my calabash shall be filled
and i will soon kiss the clouds
unlike you my brother I
will hold your hand until fate smiles at you
will cover your nakedness until the end of time
will wipe the sweat dripping from your rigid face
..my smile will come from the heart
and i will rejoice in your every success
until the end of time
so it shall remain......
ole kuyioni josphat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (do you still call me brother? ? by ole kuyioni josphat )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Gun, Rage'n Curtis
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Choice, Edith Nesbit
Poem of the Day
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.