Dog waits in and out of shadows.
Dog dives around chairs and feet.
Dog looks for the spill of hands.
Dog sings the Ballad of Less and More.
Dog sleeps with one eye open.
Dog’s life isn’t negotiable.
Dog circles moons of language.
Dog barks for homecomings.
Dog is a name away.
Remember you can’t lose Dog.
Sooner or later, Dog will find you.
Katherine Gallagher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dog by Katherine Gallagher )
- You are, Ronnie Rox
- Could Been Girl That Died Today, Adeosun Olamide
- Wrestling Through Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildworld, Denis Martindale
- A Father's Miscarriage, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Howling From Tomorrow, Steven Rhoads
- Manhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns