Dole Out Dull
You talk to me too much-
From hell and heaven to cricket match.
Still I find you a squib damp dump.
The gray matter remains nimble numb.
Poet to poet, poetry to poetry
You praise and praise.
Fragile domestic docile humble gullible-
No question learn to raise.
Neither spark nor sharp dole out dull
Delight dashed whether you push or pull.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dole Out Dull by Abdul Wahab )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The bird caged, lalitha iyer
- The caged bird, lalitha iyer
- Riverside Sandwhich, Danny Draper
- Safe for a week in Hobart town, Danny Draper
- Jorg Schmeisser: Antarctic Prints Decemb.., Danny Draper
- Republic Day 2015, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Eternal Bed, Noah Body
- Musing on The March To Life 2015...(Grap.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Paradise Found 2, Paul Butters
- Phyllis, Kim Barney