I’m looking forward to the greatest of all loves
I do not see it yet, but I feel its approach
Despite my age, my health and previous vows,
A knight without fear and reproach.
I am not new – were many men before
Worthy the title “knight” by deeds and not by birth
My deeds are only words or statements or
Just position in the situations worth
Career only, or money, few times – life
But that’s what counts is a readiness to loose
All that you have and risk a dive
Into a stream and not peruse
The chances to survive just as you see the threat
To the insulted and humiliated people.
Injustice stream is turbulent and dread.
It’s difficult to swim crosscurrent ripple.
I am exhausted and the scores aren’t even
Eternal battle can’t be won but I don’t care
I don’ expect reward I could be given
I have got used to snobbery and sneer.
But what I hope without any reason
Before I’m hanged for some invented treason
The Lady of my dreams despite all lies
Would glance at me with loving eyes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don Quixote by Victor Sklyarov )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- If I Die Young, John Billy Tumapon Yucot
- Not even birds, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 76, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Was About Asking Why, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- How to Listen, Joyce Sutphen
- Nice memory, hasmukh amathalal
- Hey There Mr. Sandman, Richard Provencher
- I am only here, gajanan mishra
- OUR UNIVERSE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- गावनिया गावनिखा, Ronjoy Brahma