john chizoba vincent
Don't bite the hand that feeds you
Don't burn your bridge behind you
Don't cast your pearls before swine
Don't change horses in midstream
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched.
Don't cross the bridge till you to it
Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Don't keep a dog and bite your self
Don't let the bastards grind you down
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
Don't wash your dirty linen in public
Familiarity breeds contempt
Feed a cold and starve a fever.
Don't upset the apple cart.
Don't try to walk before you crawl
Don't teach grandma to suck eggs
Don't throw the baby out with the birth water.
Don't spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar
Don't rock the boat
Don't put the cart before the horse
Don't meet troubles half way.
Don't put new wine into an old bottle
There are more ways of killing a cat than choking it with cream
There are none so deaf as those that would not hear.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DON'T..... by john chizoba vincent )
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)