Don't Expect a Blossom's Day
No sun, no moon,
No sky is seen
Under high-peaked towers
Life (Nature) doth pine for healthy breath.
Life is tamed,
Life's works restricted
Or for her shame
She entertains generation (modern city mongers) .
Fields in fragments,
Under the roofs,
Life chokes and stoops.
All nasty and bleak surrounding
Doth give a breath of dying Spring.
Sunshine a guest,
Sky in a mist.
No eastern, no western wind
No breeze of Nature's gay.
Woods are wood,
Lawns are hay
Don't expect a Blossom's day.
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Expect a Blossom's Day by Vivek Tiwari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra
- << Potherb of love, Abdul Wahab
- Cats Like Denny, Dexsta Ray
- <<< I dare you all, Abdul Wahab
- إلى صديقة خائفة, نزار قباني