Don't Look At Me
Don't look at me,
with those dark weightless eyes,
you know very well,
I can't deny them.
I notice that soft curve,
on the edge of your mouth,
I notice how different,
your eyes look upon me.
I see that longing,
the deep pain in your eyes,
the way you look up,
as I walk on by.
I never really noticed,
the pain in my heart,
that hurts more and more,
when you're in my sight.
The longing you have,
is a longing we share,
but nothing we want,
can ever be there.
My heart has a hole,
from when you were there,
it burns inside me,
without a care.
You took a torch,
and lit my heart on fire,
only to watch it,
burn to ashes.
Katherine Bryce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Look At Me by Katherine Bryce )
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns