' Don't Write Much These Days'
Don't write much these days,
Did your P.C. break or did you give it away?
I remember the days, way back when,
When we all use to write, on paper, with pencil or pen.
Was life made easier?
Was my thought on this matter.
We can now send a text, or instant message to chatter!
But all of what I see that ever does appear,
Are 'forward's' and 'pass it on',
With some tiny animated pictures, of reindeers.
You warn me of robber's and dangers that lurk,
You poke fun at politics,
Wires spread all that dirt.
There's, 'My Space and 'U-Tube',
There's no privacy or pride.
They seem to have set all that's Holy aside.
If your out there somewhere,
And get this note from me.
Remember I care, so why don't you write and see?
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' Don't Write Much These Days' by Linda Winchell )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)