Dont' be Gandhari
O! MOTHERS, DON'T BE GANDHARI!
Gandhari of Indraprastha cursed:
'O! Krishna, you are the cause
Of all these deaths of children
I curse you, curse you, Krishna! '
She bewailed, mourned, groaned.
The sight of the shattered organs
Was so gruesome, agonizing, alas!
O! mothers ere crying curse thyself
For, how your children suffer in jails
By their own evil deeds merciless
How Kauravas tortured Pandavas!
Did ever Gandhari correct children?
Did she as mother do duty proper?
Mothers cry, as own neglect brew
Sorrow in the shape of gloomy heirs.
Power politics misguide children as
Sakuni tempted Gamdhari's children!
Mother is the mould where progeny
Develops into model citizens, here.
So mothers shall not imitate Gandhari,
To check the dribbling tears on cheeks.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dont' be Gandhari by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
Did you read them?
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery