Dont' be Gandhari
O! MOTHERS, DON'T BE GANDHARI!
Gandhari of Indraprastha cursed:
'O! Krishna, you are the cause
Of all these deaths of children
I curse you, curse you, Krishna! '
She bewailed, mourned, groaned.
The sight of the shattered organs
Was so gruesome, agonizing, alas!
O! mothers ere crying curse thyself
For, how your children suffer in jails
By their own evil deeds merciless
How Kauravas tortured Pandavas!
Did ever Gandhari correct children?
Did she as mother do duty proper?
Mothers cry, as own neglect brew
Sorrow in the shape of gloomy heirs.
Power politics misguide children as
Sakuni tempted Gamdhari's children!
Mother is the mould where progeny
Develops into model citizens, here.
So mothers shall not imitate Gandhari,
To check the dribbling tears on cheeks.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dont' be Gandhari by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Comet, Naveed Khalid
- Jumbled Sewing Basket, Green And White W.., mary douglas
- Hospitality (Section 9 of Thirukural), rajendran muthiah
- Crushed, Gergana Teofilova
- Not a big deal, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra