RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Doors Ajar Beyond
Situating footsteps down pathways of tomorrow, leaving no
traces behind to follow.
Noises have all been stilled, a silence pieced together
from losses of loved ones.
Tangent scents are left hanging in the atmosphere where
they no longer are any good to anyone.
Yet, voices are heard in depths of a poet attuned to the
listening posts of those who are beyond us.
Wanting to be expressed in poems that I write, crowding
around me here right now.
Doors of beyond have been left ajar and they have come to
select the words they are wanting to be placed in poems
for their loved ones.
No longer a part of any of their lives, concepts drying
in the hands of fate, no destiny left, no life to breathe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Doors Ajar Beyond by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre