Nothing else can be lost,
my soul can bear no more the harm... or painful cost.
As my last few hopes and dreams... fall to the floor and shatter into the misery it seems.
I start to consider the things in life...that should matter.
Always held back with the carrying of anothers boulders,
legs warn down now...and with broken shoulders.
Hands that bare too many a bloody scar,
of a man who has had to walk many miles for others...but never got all that far.
Stagnated, in the darkness of the air I breath,
a gathering of dark clouds, that never seem to leave.
My room...the air... the fill of the place,
knows of no sparkle or nicely lit space.
Glum dull and painfully bleak,
nothing to look forward to from week to week.
So nothing else matters, I have paid the cost,
my heart is now shattered, my love of life...now lost.
James Irwin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Down by James Irwin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur
- Infant Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Broken Homes?, Ellirie Aviles
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman