Down The Ages
Down eons and ages
Have proclaimed seers and sages
That truth and righteousness
Pays rich dividend and wages.
Of course this is a heady message
An old sparkling vintage,
A wisdom that we all subscribe to
Understand, accept and appreciate.
Yet why do human mind often stray
And choose wrong means and ways
To advance his self-centered ends
In a world of fleeting moments.
So is there not something really puzzling
In our knowledge and understanding,
Maybe it is a leaky hole in our psyche and soul
Which we with goodness try to plug and control.
Rajesh Thankappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Down The Ages by Rajesh Thankappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal