Lawrence S. Pertillar
Down to Earth
As expectations go...
Seem only to achieve,
A certain level of acceptance.
And to appease those with ambitions...
To be down to Earth without attempts,
To pollinate wishes and dreams...
Often considered out of reach and unobtainable.
May those who are believed to be out of touch...
By a seeking to break down walls of limitations,
One day be welcomed from their flights of 'fancy'...
In the sharing with others,
That the world is, indeed, round.
And not flat!
With those living in other places,
Experiencing the many cultures and races...
With an acknowledgement of that fact!
I witnessed this with my own eyes.'
And unbelievable as it may seem to them,
There are others also 'down to Earth'.
And apparently living to explore it!
I witnessed this with my own eyes.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Down to Earth by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Holy Book, Tony Adah