Lawrence S. Pertillar
Downfall of An Industry
He wishes to be right.
And incite he does debate.
Not listen for those solutions.
And what those conclusions for all,
Of course millions of dollars are at stake.
And present lifestyles enjoyed,
By physicians associated with new pharmaceuticals...
May not from decisions escape.
The threatening downfall of an industry...
On the verge of a collapsing devastating break.
Not to mention...
At the saving of tons of money!
And there are those hoping to block,
With a stopping of this activity!
Shaking in their high priced Guccis.
Loudly declaring these acts,
Do not represent democracy!
But aren't our allegiances pledged to a republic,
For which it stands? '
Not you again! ?
Security? SECURITY? ?
Bar that individual from free speech.
And strip that clown disguise,
Off that crazed man!
We are here to discuss the future of health care.
Not to turn this into a circus.
Unless we begin to collect a fare!
And that may be an implementation...
To gain the attention of those who are serious.
And will assist with the infliction of our purpose.
Jot that down.
The atmosphere is 'brimming' with ideas.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Downfall of An Industry by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa