Draw on, Sweet Night
Draw on, Sweet Night, friend unto those cares
That do arise from painful melancholy.
My life so ill through want of comfort fares,
that unto thee I consecrate it wholly.
Sweet Night, draw on
My griefs when they be told to shades
and darkness find some ease from paining,
And while thou all in silence dost enfold,
I then shall have best time for my complaining.
John Wilbye's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Draw on, Sweet Night by John Wilbye )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Don't Want A Machine To Read This Poem, Shalom Freedman
- Letter, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Eulogy, Michael McParland
- The Wife's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Eternal Silence, Michael McParland
- Eternal Life, Michael McParland
- The Comrade's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Dream, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Spain, Nikola Vaptsarov
- ONE MORE ANNIVERSARY, Satish Verma