Dream of Sailing
In this vision through time,
My journey to the past begins,
Beneath the surface of ourselves, my soul rises.
Inside the dream my spirit whispers longing for the past,
In the dream though time the waves cry,
Amongst the shadows of desire.
Sailing on a clipper ship,
Fishing on my trip,
In the midday heat of a tropical sun.
The daily death and birth of the tropical sun.
The sleepy afternoon sun sinks into the Western waves,
The skies on fire with a setting sun,
Blackness of night has come.
Candlelight casts shadows over an ocean of mystery.
Seeing a glow in the sky before sunrise,
A yellow sun skimmed the blue horizon,
The strong morning sun shines on my face.
Where is the old reef?
Courage is a warm shore!
Why does the captain wave?
Oh! Island girls wave!
In this dream through time.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream of Sailing by Ronald Chapman )
- My Dog Lays at, David McLansky
- Asthi-Kalasha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- And We Came to Pass, Abdulrasaq Akingbo Okanlambe
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)