Dream of Sailing
In this vision through time,
My journey to the past begins,
Beneath the surface of ourselves, my soul rises.
Inside the dream my spirit whispers longing for the past,
In the dream though time the waves cry,
Amongst the shadows of desire.
Sailing on a clipper ship,
Fishing on my trip,
In the midday heat of a tropical sun.
The daily death and birth of the tropical sun.
The sleepy afternoon sun sinks into the Western waves,
The skies on fire with a setting sun,
Blackness of night has come.
Candlelight casts shadows over an ocean of mystery.
Seeing a glow in the sky before sunrise,
A yellow sun skimmed the blue horizon,
The strong morning sun shines on my face.
Where is the old reef?
Courage is a warm shore!
Why does the captain wave?
Oh! Island girls wave!
In this dream through time.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dream of Sailing by Ronald Chapman )
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
- Blue Matter, Stacy L. Mar
- Dont dance my body, onzia dan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns