Dreams And Potatoes
They put the fish in the oven.
They pull dreams out of the earth.
Here where the people of the well were lost,
others too disappear following bird tracks.
We grubbed for dreams and potatoes
and we plucked live fishes.
We ate many secrets and many more springs.
Until that weariness leaves us,
we will not mind the earth that has fled our eyes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams And Potatoes by Abbas Beydoun )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee