Dreams And Potatoes
They put the fish in the oven.
They pull dreams out of the earth.
Here where the people of the well were lost,
others too disappear following bird tracks.
We grubbed for dreams and potatoes
and we plucked live fishes.
We ate many secrets and many more springs.
Until that weariness leaves us,
we will not mind the earth that has fled our eyes.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams And Potatoes by Abbas Beydoun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prophecy, Edwin Cordevilla
- Junkyard, Kyle Schlicher
- Below the Earth, Keith Waldrop
- The Real Subject [Whir], Keith Waldrop
- The Luxury of Hesitation [excerpt from T.., Keith Waldrop
- Midnight Pain, Rites Ghosh
- Sea Oats Wavering, Kyle Schlicher
- Tuning, Keith Waldrop
- The Balustrade, Keith Waldrop
- Soft Hail, Keith Waldrop