Dreams And Potatoes
They put the fish in the oven.
They pull dreams out of the earth.
Here where the people of the well were lost,
others too disappear following bird tracks.
We grubbed for dreams and potatoes
and we plucked live fishes.
We ate many secrets and many more springs.
Until that weariness leaves us,
we will not mind the earth that has fled our eyes.
Abbas Beydoun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams And Potatoes by Abbas Beydoun )
- Personal Growth, Daniel Karbon
- Fever, Neela Nath
- Forty Years of Peace, Daniel Karbon
- Fish and Arabs, Daniel Karbon
- Fingers, Daniel Karbon
- Peanut Butter, Daniel Karbon
- Who gives a shit.............by Talile Ali, Talile Ali
- Wild flowers are flowers, but their frag.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beautiful Memories, Prabal Dev
- Who give's a shit, Talile Ali