Dreams Or Nightmares
I enjoy escaping this world and it’s reality,
At night when I go to bed and then off to sleep,
In which there is not hate or hunger or brutality,
As away from my mind that reality I do I sweep.
I close my eyes and then I escape in a trance,
To the place where happiness and joy is the theme,
I am happy and in love as I have found a new romance,
But, to arrive there, I must first dream.
I enjoy taking a nap when I am on a break,
So, that I can escape once again into a dream,
Where I have no worries, I truly hate being awake,
While dreaming, I am not weak or poor, but supreme.
Some people will say that I am dreaming my life away,
But, then my dreams our mine and they are not theirs,
While being awake I am no one, but everyone’s prey,
So, I would rather dream than to have my nightmares.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams Or Nightmares by Randy McClave )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)