Small portions of the world
Started to star in certain parts.
To write a book on the petals of the earth
Is like a nameless darkness,
Small is your name of flames.
It is difficult to see the dark and desolate
Mountains that conspire and hear
Your praises, as you strictly command
The lives of the groundless trophies.
Dreary females live among the weeds
So that deviants inherit their loot.
The one who strikes at the heads
Seems like an equal being,
Twin daughters are twin sons,
Many children are the proper nation
Seeing sides of a square
Like the wrath of a doctoring tribe.
I am your partnership, your tribe,
Licking food off the poor plate,
It feels like tremors from your tongue
As folding is a sense of misery.
Small parts of the earth in this area
Pant like dogs far too ahead.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreary Tribe by Naveed Akram )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- بےچینی تمھارے بنا, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Fear of Falling, Sierra Staten
- The Story That Doesn't End, Sierra Staten
- Combined Simple Aspect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Person and Personality, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Light Up The Lamp Within You, Amitava Sur
- About the Bone xx xxx xx Improvisa.., Lee Mack
- To A Place Beyond Hell, Paula Glynn
- WHAT A SHAME! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- it will happen like this, Mandolyn ...