Onalethuso Petruss Ntema
the child of a distant mother
whose cry ran dry over the other,
the child of nothingness in winter
whose feet ran cold to the toe,
to whom were she without
a glow to the unknown?
for whom need she commute
when she does crawl than norm?
then who must follow when she cries
to the voice of a soul child; so dry?
where is the father gone too long
or were there a mother, done too long?
whose child a tender care must one render
to which child than love of a parent?
her lips cracked in instances
and tears long soaked in her tearful skin...
poem: 'dry cry'
book: 'dry eyes'
year: march 2013
book no.3 of 2013
Onalethuso Petruss Ntema's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
http: //www.poetrysoup.com/poems_poets/poem_detail.aspx? ID=466908
Comments about this poem (dry cry by Onalethuso Petruss Ntema )
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)