DWD... APRIL 14TH,2013
What have the pompous politicians got against death-with-dignity?
Do they think that they themselves will never have to suffer this indignity?
Or do they believe that their own deaths can always be postponed?
And that those looking for death-with-dignity are probably stoned?
Therefore the whole DWD issue can be just swept under the mat,
No reason for a politician to get worked up or go to bat,
And referendums were not listed in Trudeau’s Charter,
They consider this issue being close to being a political martyr.
And no one in Ottawa has even heard or read about this,
And what’s the big fuss about; being treated like the Swiss?
Canadians should show more respect for the Ottawa elites,
They should just pay their taxes, shut up and not ask for receipts.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DWD... APRIL 14TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Raymond J Wright
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 February 1874 – 27 July 1946)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(21 May 1688 – 30 May 1744)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- There is another sky, Emily Dickinson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Chivalrous Me, Jara Son of Ahaz
- Love, love and love, hasmukh amathalal
- Money, Hanh Chau
- 'Daydream's Lunacy', Katherine York
- Poet, Hanh Chau
- Goodnight Kiss 2, Michael P. McParland
- The New Me, Joshua Hillard
- My Dreams, Joshua Hillard
- the passage of thyme, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- The death of all things, Nero CaroZiv