Dwd In The Constitution...
Peace, order and good government may not be good enough,
Because without recall or binding referendums, it can be rough,
Politicians speaking in slogans with no set election dates,
Frequently prorogued parliament and no need for debates.
Death-with-dignity bills lost nine times because of this and that,
Therefore assisted suicide is never discussed or arrived at,
It’s as though the issue never existed so there is no need,
High aristocrats can hide in Ottawa and pay no heed.
Politicians who speak in slogans from their party agenda,
Don’t have an independent thought outside party propaganda,
Therefore we’re going nowhere fast because they hate all change,
It would be nice though if DWD could be politically arranged.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dwd In The Constitution... by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ghar sey chale toh the maikhane ko - Gha.., Talab ...
- Two Thumbs Up And No Head Bowed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper