James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
DYD Again, Sept 30th,2012
Millions of cancer patients suffer needlessly from their pain,
It could be anywhere in their body, from their toes to their brain,
It's an ongoing global thing, finalized by a painful death,
Death with dignity could solve this for those on their last breath.
Euthanasia doesn't get the spotlight because it's hidden,
Indeed in Canada it's completely banned and forbidden,
But this is what our Supreme Court imposed on us to do,
They did it to Sue Rodriguez and therefore they did it to you.
I'd like to avoid the slow death of dying in agony and pain,
Looking at spots in the ceiling and listening to the rain,
And without propositions or referendums, we're out of luck,
They refuse to change the Constitution, so we're really stuck.
James Bredin's Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem